Friday, December 21, 2012

If you were brave enough to work today, I applaud you!

I have only been subbing for a year and a half, but I worked in Elementary Schools for 15 years before that, and I know that the day, week, even month before Christmas Break can be a little crazy.  I got calls for working today, the Friday before Christmas Break, but I'm not CRAZY!  I didn't answer the phone this morning.  I actually put it on silent last night!  As I told my mom.  I don't need the money that bad.  ;-)

One of my favorite Teacher Blogs, Clutter Free Classroom, posted this little ditty today that I thought you might enjoy it.  It's about 10 fold for a sub!

Christmas in an Elementary School
( Sung to the tune of Winter Wonderland)

Children scream, they're not listnen'
When they go, we won't miss em',
In all of this pain, we try to stay sane,
Workin' in an elementary school.

Christmas comes they're excited,
Though our nerves they've ignited,
They're off of the walls; they run in the halls,
Workin' in an elementary school.

In the lunchroom we can hear them yellin'
And we know that they are really wound.
Someone hits, the other says, "I'm tellin'!"
And that is when our heads begin to pound.

Pretty soon we'll be restin'
Cause our nerves, they've been testin'
We're happy it's clear,
It just comes once a year
Christmas in an Elementary School!


Have a fantastic break.
-Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment