Saturday, October 19, 2013

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys!

I actually had a fantastic day today working in an ELD (English Language Development) classroom. I hope to get a chance to go back sometime.

But, I saw this on Pinterest and it reminded me of some many sub days.  It made me think of how lucky I sometimes feel to be done with a classroom at the end of the day. 

I recently subbed at an alternative High School.  WOW!  I don't think I have ever heard as much swearing in my life, as I heard in that 4 hours.  I know some pretty salty people, but they got nothin' on these Freshmen.  The severe anger and attitude toward any authority figure was pretty surprising for 14 year olds. 
They have called me back 3 times.  Funny enough, I had something going on each time.  Schucks!


Polish Proverb?

1 comment:

  1. I spend many days at an alternative high school. Yep, they certainly do swear a lot. I don't think they realize how immature that makes them sound (although maybe that's the way their parents talk).

    ReplyDelete