Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sicky, Sicky, Sick, Sick!

I have been sick since early January.  Some days I just don't feel like getting out of bed and end up shutting off my phone.  Most days that I have worked over the last month and a half, I feel like I may have been sicker than the teacher that called out!

I've had the flu, chest cold, head cold, a really bad cough, sore throat, ear aches, and MORE!  It just doesn't stop!!!   It feels like I may just be sick for the rest of my life!

One day I had a job and when I woke up I just knew there was no way I would be able to teach Junior High Science while feeling like that.  I tried to cancel my job at 5am, but the system would not let me cancel the job.  I had to call and call until I could get a hold of someone in Human resources or at the school.  I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone until about 15 minutes before I was supposed to be there.  The HR gal explained that it is cutting it too close if they let people cancel their jobs day of, so they don't.  I explained that they would be able to have someone there on time with no problem, if I would have been able to cancel the job at 5am, it would have gotten snapped up by someone else.  So many teachers have been laid off here that it only takes seconds for sub jobs to get taken in the system.  Every district is completely saturated with subs.  Actually this year has been a bit better for subbing, for me, but that is mostly because I have teachers who request me now.  That has made up almost half of the jobs I have gotten this year!


I need help from the Care Bears!  Maybe they will make me better?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment