Saturday, October 13, 2012

Why, oh Why?

Is it just me, or does it seem like some teachers save the messy involved projects for the subs?

I was in a classroom this week and the teacher left a cutting project for the students to complete.  She said it would be easy and to tell them to stay on task because they would only have 15 minutes to complete it.    As it turns out, they had to cute 15 pages of flash cards, 8 cards per page, in 15  minutes.  So of course they were trying to cut them as a stack, but they weren't lined up while printing, so that was a mess, along with the bagillions of pieces of scrap all over the room.  Most students took well over 45 minutes to cut them out and many ended up losing or getting theirs mixed up with someone else's.  At recess I bribed a few kids to help me clean up the room and had the kids put their remaining cards on the back table in NEAT piles so they could get finished later.  I stayed an extra hour trying to finish them but I still didn't get them done.  What a DISASTER! 



Oh, to add to the crazy, we had a Fire Drill in the middle.  And of course I didn't have the attendance, or have any idea about their procedures and half of my class was out in other classrooms!  Good Grief!  This is my 4th Fire Drill already this year!  I am just going to assume there will be a fire drill every time I walk into a classroom from now on.

On the bright side, I'm working and that's good!

Have you had any crazy days lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment